November 16, 2012

I love Christmas Cards

My very favourite card to make would have to be Christmas.  I seriously make them all year long.  I love the stamps, the papers, the embellishments, everything!  So, I have two lovely Christmas cards to share with you today.

The first one was made for the Card Chain Challenge over at the Society of Stampaholics Blog.  I've done this challenge a few times and it is quite fun.  It's nice to receive a handmade card in the mail.  I give a lot of them out but rarely receive them.  :-)  Anyway, here it is:


I find it hard to really show off the glitter but both the reindeer and the merry christmas are glittered.  I chose to use two of the challenge colours of the royal blue and burgundy and also making a christmas card.  Tis the season after all!

Supplies used:  Cardstock-Bazill Basics: Brocade and White,  Patterned paper-Bo Bunny: Midnight Frost Flurry (except the paper the reindeer sits on, it is of unknown origin), Glitter-Stampin Up: Dazzling Diamonds, Die cuts-The Slice: Noel design card.

The other card is just one I made for my Christmas cards to send out this year.  Not sure who's getting yet.  :-)  I've had the red gingham ribbon for a while and was itching to use it. What do you think?



Supplies used:  White card stock,  Patterned paper (not sure who makes it. Got it at AC Moores),  Scallop edge- Fiskars edge punch, Die cuts (holly, bird, twigs)-The Slice: Noel and Vintage Findings design cards.  (twigs are actually cut from snowflake die cut),  Sentiment-Hero Arts: Joy to All CL460, Shading on die cuts-Spectrum Noir Markers.  Other: red pearls and gingham ribbon.

I quite like this card.  Not much stamping on it although I will likely stamp something inside as I usually do.

Well, that is it for now.  When I'm finished up with the gift tags I'm making I'll be sure to post pictures of them too.  Hope you all have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!