December 30, 2012

Happy news and a challenge!

So, I have some exciting news.  Well, it's exciting for me.  :-). I've been invited to guest design for Red Carpet Studio Challenge blog for the month of January.  I decided on a whim to apply for their design call and I got in!  I have to create two cards and I'll also be participating in a blog hop.  I received some complimentary digi stamps from the sponsors which is cool.  You should check the blog out.

And now for the card.  I made this card solely for the Avery Elle AEI♥U challenge.  They are a pretty new stamp company and they've got some cute stamps.  I used the free digi stamp they provided to make my card.  I treated it the way I would any stamp and tried to come up with a unique way of using it.
(Click on image for larger view)

I cut the oval out and the frame in half.  All of the stamp is there just arranged in a different way.  I coloured in the frame with my Spectrum Noir markers.  Patterned papers used are from Stampin Up in Perfect Plum.  Die cut made using The Slice.  Used Creative Memories rounded corner punch on corners of card base.  I think it turned out pretty good.  Could be done in a variety of colours too.

Now, it's supposed to reflect my personal style.  What is my personal style, you ask?  Honestly, I'm not sure.  Lately, I've been drawn to the CAS style.  I love the simplicity of it.  But it can still be a struggle for me to pull it off.  Sometimes I just feel like it needs more and more and....well you get the idea.  I think mostly I make a card based on inspiration I get from various sources (blog, Flickr, magazines etc.).  I like to think my style is constantly evolving.  All I can really hope for is ill feel good about the results and maybe others will too.  :-)

Well, that's it for me today.  Hope you all have a lovely New Years.


4 comments:

  1. Hey Kim, Thanks for joining the new flickr group and congrats on your DT assignment! I hope you'll share plenty of cards with us and make sure to promote RED CARPET STUDIO and your challenges within the LOVE! group. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you just used purple as an accent it really pops on your design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative use of the stamp. I love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Kim. Glad to have you join us at Red Carpet Studio. Can't wait to see more of your delightful work.

    Dawn
    RCS CDT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!