February 04, 2013

Say What R2?

So, in my previous post I mentioned it was my son's birthday this weekend.  I finally got his card made today.  And yes, it is Star Wars themed.  What else could it be? :-)  Anyway, I'm really quite pleased with how it turned out.  Take a look:



He's going to love it.  R2-D2 is one of his favourite characters.  He's one of my favs too.  Come on, you can't help but love him.  Yes, I'm a big geek.  :-D. I love Star Wars and I don't care who knows it!  LOL.

So, I'm going to enter this into the two following challenges:

CAS(E) This Sketch.


And CAS-ual Fridays challenge: Love Letters.  Use letters creatively in your CAS project - die cuts, alpha stamps or stickers etc.

So, this card is pretty straight forward.  I printed off the R2-D2 image from some free clipart site I found and coloured it with a combination of Crayola and Spectrum Noir Markers then fussy cut it out.  The strip of paper was just white card stock with dye based blue ink and water spritzed on it.  Also some watered down silver paint.  I inked the edges with the blue ink as well.  I used some K & Company letter stickers for the "sentiment".  The happy birthday is from Stampin' Up!  and I just added the brackets with a black marker.  


Well, that's all I've got for now.  Hope you all have a fabulous day!

7 comments:

  1. This rocks! I love R2 and you captured his thoughts so perfectly! LOL! :) Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!! I can't say that I would have thought Star Wars when I saw the sketch but it works perfectly!!! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those coloured letters are really fun! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek! How cute and creative! He is going to go wild for it! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/06/2013

    This is so awesome! LOVE IT! Found you on the CAS(E) linky. I can't wait to see what you come up with next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love this! So clever and creative! Such a great take on the love letter challenge! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is a great card! I'll bet your son will love it! Great job on coloring it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!