September 20, 2013

Let it Snow card

Now let me make it clear that I definitely DO NOT want it to snow!  I'd be happy with snow for Christmas and then bye bye!  :-). LOL.  Unfortunately, we get LOTS of snow here in Jemseg but the worst of it usually holds off until late December or early January.

Anyway, I digress.  Again.  :-). I've got a card to share today that comes about because of my favourite Christmas card challenge blog, yep you guessed it, Festive Friday!  They've got a great colour challenge this time around.


Navy, white and silver.  Love this combo.  I've had this idea for a card for a while and good thing I sketched it out to remember it.  So, I got out my trusty sketch book and voila!  Here's my card.


I've used an old tree stamp I've had almost from the beginning of this obsession I refer to as a hobby.  First I masked off my hills and moon and sponged my blue ink for the sky and then used another mask to create the second hill.  Then I stamped the tree in black masking off the hill area.  I used my white gel pen for the snow.  I matted this panel in silver and blue.  I adhered my strips of ribbon then stamped the sentiment in blue.  Then I attached my image panel with some foam dots.

I really like how this turned out.  I'm also going to link up to the current Holly Jolly Christmas challenge which is to make a Non-traditional colours Christmas card.  Meaning no red or green.  I believe this qualifies.  :-)

Well, that's it for now.  Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the serene feeling of this! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is really pretty and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazingly beautiful Kim! Makes me want to do another Christmas card. The snow and moon, so peaceful, tranquil and chillingly stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, what a gorgeous scene you created! And I am with ya on the snow - sunshine and beautiful weather all year, snow/rain for two weeks in December, then back to sunshine please!

    Good to see you again this week Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim, I have a little surprise for you over on my blog - come on by
    http://fun-stamping.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    Hugs and have a great weekend, Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my, Kim...your masking payed of in a beautiful scene! Can't believe that was done 'from scratch'!!! Couldn't be any prettier! Love the rest of the design, too! Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely beautiful card! WOW...very well done!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the wintery scene you've created.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!