October 23, 2013

Poinsettia Swag

Hey!  Amazingly enough I have another card to share today.  I'm on a roll here!  This card was made over the past two nights as I got distracted on my way to bed.  :-). I swear, my craft room to me is like a magpie finding something shiny.  LOL.  I saw the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch (**this link should now be working**) challenge this week and this idea popped into my head.  So, I just had to make it come to life.  :-). It took a couple of tries but I managed to make something I liked.  Here's the sketch....


Here's my card....


This card is all stamping aside from the sprinkling of red pearls.  I used three stamp sets.  The pine branch is from Inkadinkado Stamping Gear branches cling set.  Also, by Inkadinkado, is the poinsettia from the Peppermint Twist set.  The sentiment is by Hero Arts from the Joy To All set.  I created a mask for the poinsettia and stamp my pine branches in olive StazOn.  The using Blazing red StazOn, I stamped my poinsettia.  Then I inked up the poinsettia in ruby red (SU!) and stamped on a scrap of paper to lighten the colour.  Then I stamped the poinsettia upside down.  Makes it a nice pinky colour.  Then I stamped the sentiment in black StazOn.  I added the red pearls and then mounted the panel on the card base with foam dots.  I really like the look of this card.  It's clean and crisp and very merry!  :-)

Since it has some pink in it I'm going to link up to Jingle Belles think pink challenge.

So, this Saturday is my first craft fair for the season.  It's in Norton, NB at the Sacred Heart Church.  If you're in NB and want to stop by its from 9am-3pm. :-). Wish me luck!

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

8 comments:

  1. Best of luck at the craft fair! And you're right, this card is very Merry and Bright! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the challenge! Very outside the box - something that I struggle with!
    Good luck at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pretty branches ... such a lovely holiday design ... so very glad you joined us at pink for a cure at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an utterly beautiful holiday card and a magnificent display of olympic-level stamping! ♥WOW♥! i really love this! thanks for linking pink with us at JINGLE BELLES for a great cause, as well! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful image for a christmas card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ARE on a roll, Kim, and we are all the better for it! This card ROCKS with those fab seed pearls. I so love it!! I wish you the best of luck at your craft fair!! Wish I could be there! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!!! Love the red pearls :) Thank you for joining us at CTS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!