November 19, 2013

Winter Anniversary

So, every year some people choose to get married around Christmas time.  I have to say that while I would never have chosen that time of year for my wedding there is something magical about having your wedding then.  I've been to a wedding at Christmas time and it was beautiful.  Big lighted and decorated tree in the church.  Lovely decorations everywhere.  In any case, what makes it fun for a card maker that loves to make Christmas cards is that you can make an anniversary card with a winter or Christmas theme.  Hooray!  :-).  Well, this card is in honor of Addicted to CAS's first anniversary.  Isn't the first years gift supposed to be paper?  Well, that's rather appropriate, isn't it?  :-). So, their challenge code word is, well, anniversary!  Happy anniversary, ATC!


This card didn't turn out exactly the way I originally intended but I'm quite pleased with the results all the same.  First I stamped my swirly pattern (Hero Arts K5347 Misty Swirl Long.  An oldie but a good one) in white StazOn.  Then I sponged perfect plum ink (SU!) overtop.  This is one of my very favourite techniques.  The white StazOn resists the dye base ink.    I added a part of an old scrapbooking border embellishment that I trimmed to fit.  I added some rhinestones and pearls.  Then I stamped the sentiment (an old All Night Media stamp) in dove gray (StazOn).  That border embellishment was just the perfect colour wasn't it?  I'm going to link up as well to the Hero Arts Holiday Challenge.  This would fall under the "a few of my favourite things" category as I used the fav technique with the white StazOn stamping.  :-). Not sure if this counts as it's not technically a HA "holiday" stamp but figure it can't hurt to include it.  :-)

Anyway, I got some happy mail today!  My sweet friend and fellow blogger, Darnell (of  djkardkreations ) sent me a lovely card and a couple of pretty skeleton leaves.  If you haven't been to her blog before, you should.  She's a talented card maker as well as super nice and just down right hilarious!  Thanks so much for the happy mail, Darnell!

Well, thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. Well, I love this! I will have to try that technique! Love that you added your embellishments but still kept a very CAS feel to your card! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful, seasonal anniversary card, Kim! Didn't know that the white StazOn resisted dye inks! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gasp! Kim, your card is spectacular!! At a glance I assumed that was designer paper! I am always amazed by your artistic talent, but this, wow, this is out of this world gorgeous!!

    And, yippee, I'm glad you got my card and like it! You are very welcome! Thank you for your sweet words!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes your cards just blow my mind away - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful technique, Kim! I love those swirls! I love this color for a Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11/22/2013

    A fantastic technique and you do it oh so well love those pretty swirls and snow flakes. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!