April 16, 2014

Blue Butterfly

Hello!  Today I have a card to share using a stencil and colouring with my alcohol markers.  I also, have a decision to make and hopefully, I can get some of your input.  I'll talk more about that later.  Today's card was brought to you by the letter S and the number 3.  LOL.  It really came about from the sketch challenge over at Inkspirational.


Fun sketch, right?  So I'm linking up again there as well as at Spectrum Noir's monthly challenge which is "anything goes" and at Addicted to Stamps and More who also have and "anything goes" challenge right now.  I'm going to link up to Virginia's View as well.  She's got a stencil challenge going on right now.  Anyway, here's my card...



First I took my white panel and using some washi tape I masked off my diagonal section.  I took my mini echoes stencil (The Crafters Workshop) and sponged gold ink (Color Box) making it lighter as I got further out.  I removed the washi tape and adhered this to my dark blue card base.  Then I printed off the butterfly (digi stamp from) and coloured it with my Spectrum Noir markers (TB1, TB3, TB6, BGR1, BGR3, True Black.  I fussy cut it out and then attached it to the card with a little bit off glossy accents just on the body part of the butterfly so I could bend the wings up a bit.  Then I drew in the antennae and added the iridescent bling.  When I first saw the sketch I immediately thought it reminded me of a butterfly.  :-).   I'm quite pleased with the results.  I love my Spectrum Noir markers.  So fun to colour with.  Need to get more of the ink refills as some of my markers are running dry!  Gasp!!  :-)

So, the decision I mentioned earlier.  I'm thinking of switching my blog from blogger to Wordpress.  I'm not liking the changes I've been hearing about recently.  Forcing everyone to switch to a google + which as I understand puts more of your info out there which I'm uncomfortable with.  People have been having issues with the google friend connect which apparently, has been happening with my blog too.  I don't really want to switch over but I'm thinking it may be best but I just don't know.  Maybe some of you more experienced bloggers may have some suggestions or advice?  I don't want make things difficult for my existing followers either.  Le sigh.  Anyway, it'll take me some time I think to make a decision.  :-)

Thanks for coming by and visiting.  Have a wonderful day!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kim, this is outstanding, I love the colours and the background is fab. Thanks for joining us at Ink and ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant design and execution, Kim!! Love this so much! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge! (PS: I am too busy to think about switching from Blogger to other platforms at the moment...good luck on that!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous butterfly - it looks so real! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning butterfly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you did your BG and TFS, Kim. The card is lovely!! I would wait on the WordPress. It looks like Google heard people complaining on the Followers problem and fixed it. I know Blogger is more user friendly. You could always try Word Press though before switching to see how you like it. JMO :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the effort you made to follow the sketch and the result is truly stunning. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is amazing. Such a clever idea.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, Kim - the butterfly really pops against the soft gold background! Great take on the sketch too! I have only just started blogging so wouldn't know where to start in moving over to Wordpress.....I will see how things go :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4/18/2014

    This is beautiful! What a great masking technique for the sketch and the butterfly looks like it is ready to fly off the card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your butterfly coloring is so phenomenal it look real, Kim!! Stunning card! I, too, am concerned about what's happening with Blogger and hate the idea that they are forcing us into Google+. I have looked a bit into Wordpress, but I just haven't had time to do what you are doing (asking for opinions), so I will be interested in what information and advice you receive. I understand that it can be very difficult sometimes to upload your photos and resize them in Wordpress, but that's as far as I've heard. Happy Easter/Spring!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! And Wow again! The softly stencilled background and the vibrant butterfly are just stunning. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is gorgeous....the blue butterfly is so wonderfully done...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, love the soft background with your vibrant butterfly, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGorgeous, Kim!! I am swooning at how absolutely stunning this is! Your butterfly is sending me even further into my butterfly obsession - gorgeous!! Absolutely gorgeous! And the background you've created is ever so eye-catching! I 'need' to get with the stenciling (I have ONE stencil, waiting some attention). Going back to gaze and admire for a bit more. Seriously LOVE this!!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!