April 11, 2014

Hoppy Easter

Hello again!  It's my second post for today and this time I've got an Easter card to share.

I was inspired by the weekly a sketch challenge going on right now at STAMPlorations.  I followed the sketch pretty closely this time.




I decided I wanted to make and Easter card using this sketch and what I wanted to do came to me suddenly one night when I was watching a show.  The show had nothing to do with Easter but as it often happens, when my brain relaxes (in other words, the hamsters having a snooze) ideas just pop into my head.  :-).   Anyway, I cut four squares and stated stamping.  I stamped my bunny in grey masking off the bottom part and stamped my grass.  The grass is a small section of a SU! stamp.  I sponged some more green overtop to fill it in.  I coloured my bunny with Spectrum Noir markers.  I then stamped my eggs on two of the squares masking off the bottoms as well.  I used some old Le Plume markers to colour my egg stamp in the two colours then stamped them.  I did the same grass technique and colored with my SN markers as well.  The last square has the same grass and then the sentiment (by Verve) stamped in black.  I adhered my polka dot strip (Dear Lizzy Neapolitan collection by American Crafts) and then attached my squares with some foam tape.

I'm also going to link this up to CAS-ual Fridays challenge which is "good egg", using ovals.  And linking to Addicted to Stamps and More where they have an inspiration picture.


Well, that's all for now.  Not sure when my next post will be as there's another call for submissions over at PaperCrafts mag and I'll be working on that for a bit.  I've got something picked up for publication the last three calls.  Going to see if I can make it four!  :-). Hope you all have a wonderful day and thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

  1. Great combination of these challenges! I love the fresh green in the 'egg hunt' scene! So glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE this card, WANT it!!!! So sweet!!! LOVELY colors and the car pop of black, LOOOOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you at STAMPlorations! Such a cute Easter card - love this idea! Have a great weekend, Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did to get your really cute and pretty images and the4 grass you gave them is terrific, Kim! I really like the polka dot strip you mounted to make them pop too! A really cute and pretty card!

    Hope you will join us for the blog hop on Monday. We are hoping to inspire people to send cards to a little 2 year old and her family. She is receiving chemo for Leukemia and being such a trooper too! Lots of prizes and blog candy along the way too! Details at top of my blog! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch! I have that bunny, too and haven't used it in forever if ever!
    Good luck with your submission!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute, love the hiding bunny! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More, we sure hope to see you around again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous job with the sketch!! Fun tiny scenes for Easter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the challenges. It sure pays to give the hamster a rest ;) Love your take on our STAMPlorations sketch, Kim. Thanks for playing. Happy Easter too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute! Love the squares! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4/18/2014

    What a beautiful CAS card, Kim! I'm loving' all that white space and the awesome stamping and masking! Thanks so much for playing with us over at STAMPlorations! :o)

    Hugs,
    Shery

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful job with the stamping and masking. That might be my favorite technique. I just love pulling off the post it note and woo-hoo it worked!

    Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!