May 06, 2014

Joyful Stars

Today I'm sharing a card I made that gave me some difficulty.  It just didn't want to come together for me.  I had to leave it alone and come back to it the next day.  Sometimes things just work out that way.  Other times a card comes together in a flash.  In any case, it did finally work out and I'm able to share it with you.


So, this card came about because of a couple of challenges.  First was Festive Friday.  They have another lovely inspiration photo.  Check it out...


I also kept in mind CAS-ual Fridays challenge which is "three thirds", which is to have three of something.  I've got three stars and the word joy is three letters.  Also, it's Addicted to Stamps and More's "Holiday" challenge right now so this fits in nicely!  And over at Virginia's View it's all about stitching.  You can do real stitches or faux ones.  Mine are faux.  :-)

So how I made this was I cut out my stars and Joy using my Slice.  I put a strip of green glitter tape down on my white panel then attached my wood grain stars.  Next I used my white gel pen to make my faux stitches on my joy then using some foam dots I attached it to my panel.  I added some blingy stars on the smaller wood grain stars.  Then I attached my panel with more foam dots to my card base.

I'd like to take some time to welcome a new follower!  Welcome Cathy of Cathy's Card Spot!  She's been blogging since 2012 and has some truly lovely creations!  Be sure to stop by and visit.  You won't be sorry!  :-)

So, is anyone else all excited and pumped about PaperCrafts Gallery Idol 2014?!  I am!  I was lucky and honored enough to make the top 20 last year.  I was among some super talented designers and often wondered how I got there.  LOL!  I'm trying out again this year too.  Open auditions started yesterday and go until May 19th.  The theme is to use decorative tape.  I don't use it much so this gives me a chance to really experiment.  If you're interested in knowing more look HERE.  :-)

Well, that's all I have for today.  Thanks for visiting and have a good one!

12 comments:

  1. this is stunning Kim, you have really picked out perfectly different elements from the FF photo and the white faux stitching really pops. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  2. That joy is actually joyful! I love it - such a happy feeling card! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO striking! The faux stitching really makes the sentiment POP!! Love it, Kim! Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge! Well done! Good luck on trying out on the GI (I haven't decided on that yet-LOL)! It was such fun and intense experience ,that's for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super take on the challenges! I do like the faux stitching on the word Joy! Great colours and lovely clean, simple layout. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous card and a great take on the inspiration photo! It might have taken you longer but the outcome was well worth it! Love those woodgrain stars! Good luck with the Gallery Idol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, if you were here, you'd see a mega-watt smile across my face, as I admire this lovely card of yours! Wonderful take on the various challenges; I especially love the red/brown combination...oh, and the stitched joy...and the stars...and the green strip. Awesomeness+++
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry your card gave you trouble, Kim. It certainly turned out to be super cool!! Speaking of super cool, good luck with the Gallery Idol try outs! I'm glad you are entering again! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never would have known you struggled with this one, Kim! It really turned out nice! I love the 'joy' layered on top of your stars...the 'stitching' on it is a really nice touch! It all just looks really sweet and festive together! Love it!!! Great to have ya back with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card Kim, brilliant take on all of those challenges, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your well deserved win at ATSM! This is such a fabulous card!
    Best of luck to you at Gallery Idol...so happy to see that you'll be trying out again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on winning ATSM, I loved this card and was so glad you came out as our winner x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo hooo on winning over at ATSM!! Fabulous card!! And I think you should apply for the DT call, too...you'r work is amazing!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!