December 20, 2014

Inkspirational Challenge - Inspiration Picture

Hey everyone!  It's that time again for another challenge over at Inkspirational!  We have an awesome inspiration picture for you.  Take a look...


Isn't it great?  Now I had all these ideas in my head for this one but do you think I was able to pull any of them off?  Nope!  I had such a hard time this challenge!  So, I decided to scrap my initial ideas and just go with the colour scheme (black, purple, white) for my card.  Here it is...


I masked off my area and sponged perfect plum (SU!) ink in an ombré effect.  Then I splattered some water and white and silver paint.  I made the splatters fairly subtle as I didn't want to make them too busy.  Then I stamp my foliage (CAS-ual Fridays) in black and grey.  I removed my mask and created another to sponge in black a narrow strip on one side.  Then I stamped the sentiment (CAS-ual Fridays).  Despite how long it took me to get to this card it turned out rather nice, didn't it?  It's a one-layer too!

So, I hope you will all join us and play along.  You have to check out what the other DT girls made too.  Awesomeness abounds!  Plus, we have a wonderful Guest Designer, Karen, of Made by Meadie.  Go leave her some love.  Her card is fantastic!

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

Crazy For CAS - anything goes
Addicted to Stamps and More - anything goes with optional twist of love.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

12 comments:

  1. Wow Kim, a one layer beauty! I love one layers where you sponge an area and stamp on it, leaving the rest of the card stylishly white... I think you'll be seeing these from me in One Layer Christmas when we start! :) Have a great weekend and Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful card Kim - such a pretty design and I love the soft colours. Thankyou so much for having me along at ink this week and for your kind words too - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful take on the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. one layer beauty-fab masking and blending x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful inking and stamping, love the colours! Thank you for sharing at ATSM. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feeling of having an idea that just won't work but out of your frustration has come a beautiful, elegant and versatile card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Kim! The ombré effect that you created with your inks is absolutely beautiful and I love your choice of foliage!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this gorgeous one-layer card! The combination of stamping and inking is so amazing! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning! Love the purple treat here. Thanks for joining us at ATSM and also at CFC - Guest designer Rahmat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the photo inspiration, Kim!! Congratulations on the Honorable Addict recognition from ATSM!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, Kim...your card is far from being "rather nice'! I consider this strikingly beautiful! The inking, the stamping: stunning! In awe! My apologies for commenting late, but do know that your card has brought a much needed smile to my face. Off to see what dazzling delight is next...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card love it. Thank you for joining us over at CFC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!