March 03, 2015

Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

Hi there!  Just wanted to get a quick post in to link up to the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.  This would be my first time participating.  Now I do have a confession to make.  I actually don't drink coffee.  I like coffee flavoured things like chocolate and ice cream but have never enjoyed coffee itself.  Except for one type of coffee drink I had once at Tim Hortons.  It was sweet and good and I can't remember what it was now.  LOL.  Thats okay I'd still go for coffee with any of you but I would just have hot chocolate instead.  :-). Anyway, maybe because I don't drink coffee, I don't have any coffee related stamps.  So I broke out my drawing skills and created my own!  Check it out...


So I first drew my coffee mug in pencil.  I then used broken china, walnut stain, and tea dye distress inks like water colours and painted my mug.  I originally did a background too but didn't care for the results so I saved my mug by fussy cutting it out.  :-). I splattered some walnut stain and broken china ink on my white card base and added some washi and glitter tape.  I stamped my sentiment (Clearly Besotted) in timber brown StazOn ink.  Then I attached my mug with foam dots.  I'm quite pleased with the results.  I think my colours are springlike with the warm earth tones and the pretty bright blue.

I'm going to link up to the following challenges as well:

Addicted to CAS - code word is distress.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - anything goes
City Crafter Challenge Blog - use washi tape.

I'd like to take a moment and welcome two new followers. A great big welcome to Ellie of My Creative Moments and Shirley-Anne of Stamping For Joy.  Both wonderful card artists and well worth a visit!  :-)

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous day!

48 comments:

  1. Wow, you drew the mug yourself - awesome! I can't draw at all! Love how you inked it too! This is a beautiful card, gorgeous CAS design, and I like the added washi tape. Always looking for new ways to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. The colors and the design are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhhh....AWESOME. I love your mug!
    Thanks for joining in the fun♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! That coffee mug is gorgeous!! Love the way it looks and your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish i had drawing skills. this is awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Love that coffee cup! Such a great design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, love the splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful...what a wonderful coffee mug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the coloring you did on the mug and ALWAYS love a little messy splatter ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mug is wonderful! It looks as though one could just reach in and grab it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, this is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is awesome you drew it yourself? Love the way you colored it and the whole design of your card. It looks as if you can reach for the mug. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome mug that you drew & painted! Cool background, good change.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this design - off centre always makes things so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, Kim, love that blue mug! Happy Wednesday and happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not a coffee drinker either... Your mug is spectacular! When are you going to design your own stamps? Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an artist you are! This should be made into a stamp, Kim! It is the best-drawn coffee mug - and best ink-painted coffee mug - EVER! I love this card!! You should enter it also in the City Crafter washi tape challenge! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you! I see you there! djk

    ReplyDelete
  19. You draw that mug yourself??? ow that's a wonderful talent. To be able to make something so stunning. I also love the design of your card. The splattered background is just perfect. And you nailed our theme. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card - your drawing skills are great! That mug looks so realistic. I would join you for a hot chocolate as I am not a coffee drinker either :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous card! Love the spattered background!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've got some mad skills girl! That cup is stunning with all its detail. Simply gorgeous. Beautiful card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nicely done , thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful mug!! I love the simplicity of your card - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, that mug is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful coloring on the coffee cup! A great warm card...love it!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. woooww that mug is adorable Kim
    and I love all the splatter on your card
    lovely washi tape too..
    I love you only put a bit of your mug on your card
    awesome made Kim

    My card is #387 on the HOP and I have a little GIVEAWAY if you maybe like :)
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a fabulous cup of Joe! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  29. love! the spatter looks great with your artsy mug! giveaway on my entry #275 if you're interested

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a gorgeous CAS!! Love the color of the mug, my favorite shade of blue! Beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. looks so real, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for sharing your yummy card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsbyDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  33. You drew that mug?? Wow!! Such a great card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great drawing skills and I love your mug...the way you've painted it is lovely. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Clean and simple = fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Amazing card!!! Thank you for joining us at CCCB this week!!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  37. This came out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I would like a set of 6 of your beautiful mugs, Kim :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. a great card, love that blue mug with coffee:)

    ReplyDelete
  40. great CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  41. You are clever- gorgeously artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  42. So arty - love your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm back to congratulate on being a Spotlight Artist at CCCB, Kim!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is awesome! love the color splatter :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. 12 best coffee beans in 2021 to buy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!