September 01, 2015

One Layer Christmas Card Challenge #17

Isn't it a lovely day to work on some Christmas cards?  No?  Well, maybe you can look at some first then if you're in the Christmas spirit you can make one and join us over at One Layer Christmas Card Challenges!  It's time for another fun challenge and as always its an anything goes theme with an optional twist.  This time the twist is "Family".


I had a hard time getting my mind around this twist as I wasn't sure what to do.  But then I thought that families sent Christmas cards to one another so why not run with that idea.  Here's what I came up with...


All the stamps I used are by Neat and Tangled from the Winter Wishes set.  First, I created some hill masks and sponged on my blue colours for the sky and hills using the colours from the pool to navy ombre ink pad by Hero Arts.  Using the same hill masks I added the houses, stamping in black ink and the trees using mowed lawn Distress ink.  I added a little star to one tree with canary yellow ink (Memento).  Then I stamped the sentiment in black.  I stamped the small snowflakes in sea glass ink (SSS) and then went over them with some Wink of Stella which, of course, is almost impossible to see in the picture.  This is a really cute stamp set and I really like how this card turned out.

I do hope you'll be able to join us and I hope you enjoy all the other DT projects as well.

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS - code word is "Blue"
Christmas Card Challenges - anything goes
Winter Wonderland - create a scene

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card; love the masking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Simply stunning. :-) Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this scene, great masking :) Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week. Hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful scene you made - love the rolling hills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scene you created on your one layer card. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty scene, I love the masking and inking you did to make that landscape :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely Christmas card! Love the scenery and the masking you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible job of stamping & inking--love this, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow such a great scenery love love it. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful scene. great design. Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your scene is beautiful! Masterful job with the masking and ink. Those hills look fantastic!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!