May 02, 2016

Pretty Snowflakes

Hey everyone!  Just popping in to share another Christmas card. I wanted to play along with a few challenges, in paticular, Muse: Christmas Visions, as one of my STAMPlorations Teamies, Suchi, is the muse this week.  This is her card...


Awesome, right?  And here's my card....


I was inspired by the awesome sponging Suchi did in the one corner of her card and my two larger snowflakes are like the two skate wreaths she had in her card.  So, what I did was stamp my snowflakes (Hero Arts) and my little dots (STAMPlorations) and embossed them in white.  Then I took Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves Distress ink and sponged over top.  I spritzed water over top to create water droplets which kind of remind me of bokeh, don't you think?  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment (STAMPlorations) in black.  I love the non-traditional colours of this card. :-)

Well, thanks for stopping by for a visit!  Have a fantastic day!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown - pick a previous theme.  I chose challenge #4 Snowflakes April 2012.
ABC Christmas Challenge - I is for Ink


16 comments:

  1. So glad Suchi could inspire you to make this beautiful card! Always a pleasure having you play along, Kim! Thanks from MCV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I did not really say I LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and such a great colour to use that still feels very Christmassy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I LOVE this card Kim! The non-traditional colors look awesome and the inking is perfect! So glad you joined at MCV this week! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink with the snowflakes...must try that colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous blending with the prettiest of colours. Loving the spots, splats and those pretty snowflakes. Loving your non traditional Christmas card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic, dramatic, beautiful colour combination! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these delicate lacy ornaments and a very beautiful background!

    Regina
    catchysketch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elle est superbe Kim, j'adore les couleurs et ce dégradé est très réussi, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love all the inky effects. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...up close these colors are amazing. Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really lovely. I do like the inking over the snow flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very pretty, non traditional Christmas card - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the beautifully inked background and the way the snowflakes pop! Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with our Pick a Previous theme at 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous5/10/2016

    Great cards, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous.
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!