August 31, 2016

Muse: ChristmasVisions Guest Designer

Good Morning everyone!  Today I am happy to say that I'm guest designing over at Muse: ChristmasVisions. 
The wonderfully talented and lovely, Ardyth, asked if I would and, of course, I said yes!  It's always an honour to be asked to guest design.  Plus, I love making those Christmas cards and I'm behind this year.  :-)  I actually made three different cards but the one I'm sharing today was my favourite.  Check it out....


I decided to try out the pinecone and pine bough stamps by Clearly Besotted that had yet to see ink.  That's right, they are NBUS!  I'd used some of the leaves from this set but not these stamps.  The first thing I did was stamp the pine bough in three different green inks (Memento: New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves, and Cottage Ivy).  Then I stamped the pinecones in Soft Suede (SU!) ink.  I fussy cut them out painstakingly and attached them to my card.  I stamped my berries (STAMPlorations) in Lady Bug red (Memento) first then went over them with a red metallic gel pen.  I stamped the sentiment (STAMPlorations) in Versamark black ink.

Well, I do hope you'll join us over at M:CV.  I'd love to see how my card may have inspired you!

Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Darnell's NBUS Challenge - use a never before used product
Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS

9 comments:

  1. Such a delightful MCV card, Kim. I've been missing the last few challenges, so hopefully this one can get me back on the right track.
    BTW, you did some amazing fussy cutting of the pine cones. I would not have guessed until you told us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous one-layer card! Love the different greens you used to create a rich border with so much depth! Can't wait to see how MCV players will be inspired! Thanks so much for being our Guest this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the depth that you created with the different greens and the pine cones are so realistic! Awesome fussy cutting! Thank you guesting at MCV with this beauty ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! So wish I was playing along...this is a wonderful inspiration card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful iconic Christmas card, Kim! If I weren't busy with my own challenge, I would have definitely CASEd you for MCV! Now this will get put in my folder for later! I can almost smell the fresh scent of the evergreen and go you for fussy-cutting those sweet pine cones!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I so love your stamping of the pine bough, and your fuzzy cutting of the cones is amazing. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Kim! Love the depth of color your achieved with the pine boughs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the gorgeous Muse inspiration! Making mine one layer was a little too daunting, but I hope you don't mind Ive done a reasonable close CASE otherwise. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've brought so much dimension to your beautifully stamped card, Kim. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!